- One of the first was this: to start the process, you have to send in $50 to Gladney to receive the first information packet. Our sweet 11 year old, Shelby, came running downstairs with $50. She wanted to give the first $50. At first, we wouldn't let her, but a friend of ours told us, "when the kids feel led to do something along the way, let them. This makes them feel a part of the journey." So we both were so blessed by Shelby's giving heart. One of the things that we love about our Shelby is that she is so very compassionate.
- The next "Yea God" was the way we received our first $300. When you send in your application, you have to send $300 with the application. Ashley was a little anxious with "how" we will come up with $32,000. On the day that we were sending in our $300, two things happened. Ashley's company gave a bonus to her. This was the first time she had received a bonus from her company. We also dropped some clothes off at a kids' consignment shop earlier in the week. So guess how much we received from both of them ... yep, exactly $300!! It was God's way to show both of us ... "I have this, you step out in faith ... and I will provide in ways you cannot even imagine." He is our Jehovah-Jireh.
- Another "Yea God" ... there is a ton of paperwork, and steps along the way that you must do, a ton!! So far, each step has gone faster than anticipated. Right now, we have done everything that we can do. We are waiting on one last thing to complete our Dossier. Once we receive it, everything will be sent to the Embassy in Washington. At that time, we will officially be on the "wait list."
- We had our home study scheduled on Friday, July 30th. Ashley's grandmother passed away on Wednesday, July 28th, so we were going to have to postpone the home study. When we talked to our social worker, she said that she could come a day earlier to do the home study. It was a very difficult time for Ashley; however, we were able to do the home study on Thursday, July 29th. The next day (our original scheduled day) our social worker had to go to west Texas to be with a birth mom that was having a baby. If we would not have rescheduled, our home study would have been postponed.
- There are 6 families in Northwest Arkansas that are giving us a garage sale to help raise money for our adoption. We are going to have it inside since it is so stinkin' hot. There is already a vast amount of stuff that people have donated for the sale, and we are so very grateful. So, save the dates ... Friday, September 24th & Saturday, September 25th.
- We also have friends & family in Mobile and in Houston that plan to organize a garage sale for our adoption fund as well in the very near future. So if you are in Mobile or Houston and want to help out/participate, let us know.
Thank you for all your prayers, support and encouragement! We know our God is faithful!
A few verses that God has shown us over these weeks:
Some TRUST in chariots and some in horses, but we TRUST in the name of the LORD our God.
TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.